More than just a ride, a weekend of fun enjoying the Sierra.
The beautiful rides through the Lost Sierra are amazing, from Long course for the 'Good Times Rider', Longer course for the 'adventurous rider' to Longest course for the ‘Serious Riders and Racers’. But there is so much more than just the ride...
Friday Night Picnic
- Location: Portola City Park
- Onsite registration & check in: 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm - try to walk or ride your bike to check-in
- Snacks and adult beverages:
- Adult beverages available - 2:00pm to 7:00pm
- $6.00 per beverage – all beverage proceeds go to trails too!\
- Registered riders/racers get a ticket for a beverage
- Volunteers get a ticket for a beverage
In partnership with the City of Portola, we have a full evening of festivities planned on Saturday.
Fun for Riders, Families and Friends
- Ride start times: 8am start as mass roll-out Longest racers and 9am start as mass roll-out for Longer and Long mile racers. All categories will stage at least 15 minutes prior to start time for instructions on completing the ride.
- Post ride recovery in Portola City Park starting at 12pm including post ride meal for registered riders and volunteers for free and food trucks also available
- Post Ride Party Saturday in Portola City Park with food, adult and kid beverages, live music, and dancing till 10pm - the way we like to do it!
- Camping in Portola - $15/day includes showers -
Consider camping onsite at Portola City Park for convenient partying opportunities.
When arriving, check in at City Hall (directly across the street from the Portola City park) with proof of camping pass purchase,
they will provide basic information and code for access to showers. If you arrive after 5pm
on Friday, pick a spot at the baseball fields, around the back side from
the Portola City Park, and check in at City Hall on Saturday.
New for 2020: Purchase 3-nights camping and get a 4th-night free.
- Awards Ceremony - 2pm to 5pm
Will be held at the stage to celebrate the victors in style.
- Live Music from Jack Danny - 4:30pm
Jack Danny is a Portola local who will be playing outlaw/folk rock to get the crowd warmed-up for the evening's festivities and
post-ride vibe. His unique sound and kick drum always make for a good time.
- Free Kids Race - 6pm
There will be a kid's evening race around the park. This is a fun race just for the kids to have some fun on their bikes too -
sponsored by the Plumas County Sheriff Association. Fill out both the Sign-up form and waiver form, and bring onsite to the race. Onsite registration will also
- Lost and Found Expo – yes we’ve even got shopping!
- Marvel at cool custom frames from Northern CA frame makers and make a deal if you like one
- SBTS merchandise booth
- Yuba Expeditions booth
- Tasty adult beverages will be provided by our sponsors at our Beverage Garden in Portola City Park.
- Food will be available on Saturday along with local food vendors.
- ID Required for adult beverages
- Purchase beverage tickets with CC or cash (no checks)
- Adult beverages will be available on Friday from 2pm to 7pm and Saturday from 12pm to 9:30pm
- Awards for Long, Longer and Longest racers are scheduled from 2pm to 5pm.
- Live Music - 8:00pm
Jelly Bread will be our headlining band bring their infectious jams and get down sounds on Saturday night in the park. Expect to move your booty! "Jelly Bread mixes sultry R&B grooves with hard funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll, all the better to encourage concert goers to shake their tail feathers."
- Fun at Lake Davis
- Hiking, biking, fishing, paddling, sitting in a chair recovering peacefully
- Rest sore legs
- Attend to sunburns for those who didn’t use sunscreen on Saturday
- Eventually pack-up your stuff and roll out or stay longer
Event parking will be available at Portola City Park. We will provide a team of volunteers responsible
for parking and directing traffic during the venue hours.
Parking on race day:
- Baptist Church parking lot 171 S Gulling St Portola, CA 96122
- Portola Rail yards between Commerical St/First Ave/Western Pacific Way and Middle Fork Feather River
- NO PARKING ALLOWED on S. Gulling St between Portola City Park and S Gulling St Bridge. Vehicles will be TOWED! (This is the street with the bridge over the river next to the venue)
- No Event Day parking at Portola City Park
Things to do during the weekend
- Weekend campout – savor the smell of dirt and smoke in your nostril hairs for a week!
- Camping not your thing? Check out the beautiful Nakoma Resort for comfort
and room service
- Rooms and shuttle service back and forth to venue
- Lake Davis Loop Trail – hiking, biking or horseback riding
- Lakeside trail that’s family and kid friendly with scenic views of the lake, bald eagles and osprey
- Bring your own hiking shoes, bike and horse
- Fishing – catch yourself a trophy sized trout or kill a pike
- Lake Davis is considered one of the best trout lakes in the western US
- Fly fishing or spin casting
- Fishing licenses required
- Swimming, kayaking, SUPin’ or boating fun for the whole family
- Bring your swimming suit, kayak, paddleboard or boat
- Kids activities
- Free kids race on Saturday (see above), ride the pump track and loop trail in Portola City Park
- Bring your water frisbees, water ball sponge things, bubble wands, jump ropes, squirt guns
- Lakeside lounging
- Sit on the beach, feet in the water soaking up some sun and high Sierra beauty
- Spiritual relaxation guaranteed